Last week, Seventeen’s Dino delivered his first work as alter-ego Picheolin. A few days ago, the tracklist for his album was revealed and I became most interested in its title track produced by the elusive K-pop genius Hitchhiker. Hopefully that song is more than a simple schtick, because today’s pre-release Micheo Micheo (미쳐 미쳐) feels like a comedy bit rather than something I’d want to listen to on its own.
Last week’s Love Sick based itself around city pop, but Micheo Micheo is pure trot music. I don’t tend to write much about trot because I don’t have much to say. A lot of it tends to sound the same to me, more suited to parties and festivals than home listening. Without the attached visuals and lore, Micheo Micheo feels like any other upbeat trot track, blitzing through the same musical tropes and performed with the expected over-the-top vocal bending. I really have no reason to ever listen to it again, but if this is your thing I hope you have a lot of fun with it!
| Hooks | 7 |
| Production | 7 |
| Longevity | 7 |
| Bias | 6 |
| RATING | 6.75 |
Grade: D+
0 Comments