Samantha Bernardo wins Miss Grand International 1st runner-up

Samantha Bernardo had made the Philippine proud once again after she was named Miss Grand International’s first runner-up during the grand coronation night in Bangkok, Thailand.

Miss USA Abena Appiah bagged the Miss Grand International 2020 crown. Miss Grand Guatemala won second runner-up, Miss Grand Indonesia was third runner-up, and Miss Grand Brazil was fourth runner-up.

One of the questions asked of Bernardo was to whome will she give the last COVID-19 vaccine – to a 15-year-old or a 70-year-old.

“My heart goes to the senior citizen because my mom is turning into senior citizen and I experienced the loss of my dad four years ago and I cannot afford to lose my mom. My heart goes to them because they are the most vulnerable during this time.” said Bernardo.

“A 15-year old has the stamina to fight the COVID-19 pandemic and with proper exercise and healthy living they can live with it. I know as well that every citizen here will choose and never afford to lose their parents and so I will choose senior citizen.” Bernardo added.

(Photo source: Instagram – @themsphilippines)


Source: Showbiz Chika

Post a Comment

0 Comments